Thursday, December 21, 2006

Job! Money!

It's a glorious day here in Paradise. Our house sale money finally hit our bank account, good thing cuz we were running on fumes. We picked up Kyle's new car- pic soon- a silver Subaru WRX.

I stopped in at one of the places that I had emailed from Austin- Iain Stephens Floral Design, and they asked me back for an interview today! I had a lovely chat with Iain and his wife Helen, and they just might be the nicest people I've ever met (but then again I say that about everybody here). They had me make a few arrangements and meet the rest of the staff- wish I'd been a little less nervous, I dont' feel like I did my best on the arrangements. Anyway, the pay and benefits are good, the work would be exactly what I'm looking for- taking on as much responsibility as I want- maybe buying at auction, etc. Their employees tend to stick with them, which is always a good sign. If they offer me the job I would start on January 8th- my birthday (and get 4 weeks paid vacation almost immediately!).

We've had another offer of Christmas hospitality- our friend Jason who sold me my car invited us up to his house for a Christmas BBQ. Who said it's hard to make friends here??

No comments: