Thursday, August 24, 2006

Our newly textured couch...


Welcome to our new kitchen! ...Ahem, I mean... Welcome to the Ikea catalog page that our new kitchen will resemble! So it's all been ordered and will be arriving in Houston in 2-3 weeks (expecting it to be longer, with our luck).

Anyway, Kyle has happily been texturing away to obliterate all signs of the hideousness that was there before. He asks me as he's spraying, "Am I getting any on the couch?". I laugh, as the couch is a good 15 feet away, then realize the beams on the ceiling and the refrigerator are both nicely speckled.... "Oh, crap." Twenty minutes of scrubbing with wet rags later, and it's almost like a new couch. It needed a good going-over anyway.

Then our neighbor, who's a professional contractor, stopped by, and gave us a bunch of tips. The look on his face when we told him our timeframe for completing the project was priceless. Oh, well, maybe we'll see some you for Christmas this year!

Kyle's still pining away for good surf, I'll see how long I can keep him on-task. ;)

No comments: