Wednesday, August 30, 2006

One fat cat and a broken window later


It's been a trying few days, as Billy can attest. As soon as we'd get a cabinet built he had to give it the nap test. Yup, that one passed. At least we got all the cabinet bases assembled with only a few mysterious parts left over :0. Unfortunately a window in the shop had to give it's life for the metal cabinet bracket. Oh, well, maybe the new owners won't notice. The sink and lights all went in with only minor cursing, and Kyle's mom has arrived from Connecticut to lend a hand (I mean look for a house in Austin).

I keep pestering the floral shops in Auckland for a job, and most actually write me back, tho none with a job offer. The owner of a particularly good one has asked me to send my CV (resume), and I realized I would have to get one designed and back to him. One more thing to do in the Sisyphian task of moving continents.

No comments: