Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Hey! I just realized I should check on the comments made to this blog! Oops, can you tell I'm not so web-savvy? Thanks for all the encouragement Jeff, Christi and Chris!! I really can't explain how weird and wonderful it is to be meeting people over the internet who are zillions of miles away. And reading you guys' blogs has been a really great way to get prepared for the move. As soon as I figure out how to put your links in the sidebar, I'll add 'em (if you want). Can't wait to land and really meet all you guys :). Strangely enough Kyle and I ran into our friend Amy yesterday at the local sandwich shop- she and her family are moving to NZ as well. The world is getting so small....

We started packing some boxes today and moving them to our storage unit. Weird. It's starting to sink in that we won't be living in this house any more. I really thought I'd live here for the next 30 years- ha!

I guess I'm already beginning to feel like a citizen of the world instead of a resident of Texas. We'll see how long it takes me to get gut-wrenchingly homesick, like I did as a kid when someone other than my mom would take me to school, and again when I went away to college in Boston. This time I'm taking my family unit (husband) with me, so will that make it any better? We'd better have some chitlins fast, or adopt a kiwi orphan.

3 comments:

Nik said...

We're on the same boat you are, and leaving in just two weeks for New Zealand. Good luck!!

Nik said...

By the way, is Kyle originally from NZ or are you all just moving "sight unseen" so to speak?

Brooke&Kyle said...

Hi Nik! We're both from Texas, and visited NZ for two weeks last year. You can email us at bhowsley@austin.rr.com and I'll give you the full story...
Good luck, we can't wait til we're two weeks out!! Where are you planning on settling?
Brooke